coshh...

COSSH means 'control of substances hazardous to health'. Bearing in mind the state of some the items, the ominous smells and the accidental bits of rubbish I brought home with me, its important to remember a few health and safety measures when going about this sort of business...
  • Always wear gloves when handling the items; i wore plastic gloves beneath thick gardening type gloves for double protection
  • Be careful of any hazardous items that may have been left inside tents, or broken fiberglass poles
  • Try not carry more than you can safely handle
  • Always be 100% sure that what you are taking has definitely been abandoned and you are not just stealing someone's stuff! (for example, a good indicator of this is clothes or a sleeping bag still inside a tent...)
Before I can start making anything else I have to give everything a spin in the washing machine. So far I've done two loads, two more to go...


I ha to make myself an extra washing line in my driveway as I have nowhere else to dry it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment